Colorado Limb Consultants provides diagnostic evaluations, second opinions and treatment consultations. Ongoing research includes investigating new forms of surgical and chemical treatments of bone and soft tissue tumors, perfecting joint transplantations and implanting biodegradable antibiotic beads to treat chronic infections.
Techniques to improve bone healing, such as the use of the Ilizarov® and other external fixation devices, and bone protein injections for non unions, have been developed and are considered state of the art solutions. Through our work with the Institute for Limb Preservation, we offer these five important components of patient care:
- a weekly interdisciplinary clinical conference
- individual patient care coordinated by the ILP staff on call 24 hours per day
- sub-specialty expertise including ontological, pediatric and orthopaedists, microvascular plastic surgeons, and others
- the latest treatments with proven success based on on-going ILP basic scientific research
- and outcome studies, publications, and presentation at medical conferences.